B-B® 3 Flat Band clamp: male / female pipe connection
This clamp, inspired from the B-B® 2 clamp, has been developed to meet low-cost connection requirements on automotive exhaust lines. Its innovative design (patented) gives it excellent weight/performance and cost/performance ratios. It consists of an integral band, a screw and a nut.
The pipe connection requires 2 slots to be cut in the female pipe (CAILLAU “H” design or “Z” type).
- The B-B® 3 clamp ensures tightness up to gas temperatures of 950°C.
- Available in ferritic (1.4509), austenitic (1.4301) and high-temperature austenitic stainless steel (1.4571).
- Allowable leak rate: below 10 litres/min at 0.3 bar (min/max configuration).
- Average leak rates measured in the range of 1 to 6 litres/min at 0.3 bar.
- Weight for diameter 50 mm: 120 g.
- The B-B® 3 clamp withstands corrosion, vibration and automotive fluids.
- Applicable on pipe thicknesses from 1 mm to 1.5 mm.
- The B-B® 3 clamp can be applied on other pipe thicknesses (2 mm, 0.8 mm) but with extra specific features. Please contact CAILLAU for details.
More than 20 clamp diameters are available from 35 to 85 mm.
New dimensions can be developed upon request.