BB® clamp: Single-screw end-to-end (Bout à Bout) connection
The BB® clamp ensures the clamping of smooth unworked pipes of same diameter.
It consists of an integral band (width: 80 mm, thickness: 1.5 mm), a screw, a nut, a gasket and two flanges.
- The BB® clamp ensures tightness up to gas temperatures of 700°C, between two pipes having diameters different by up to 0.6 mm.
- Tensile strength: over 2000 N.
- Torsional strength: over 100 Nm.
- Allowable leak rate: below 10 litres/min at 0.3 bar.
- The BB® clamp withstands corrosion, vibration and automotive fluids.
The BB® clamp is mainly made of 1.4509 ferritic stainless steel for pipes having outside diameters of 38, 40, 42, 45, 48, 50, 55, 60 mm.