Hose clamp designed to tightly secure a flexible hose on a pipe, it is particularly adapted for automotive original equipment, industry and all other heavy-duty applications.
The VISA® clamp integrates a ferritic stainless steel band.
Strengths (compared to a worm-drive clamp):
- Excellent clamping circularity: even distribution avoiding leakage.
- The VISA® clamp offers original equipment guarantee (cannot be replaced without the appropriate fitting tools and cannot be reused).
- The VISA® clamp ensures a pre-determined clamping force : the clamping force is directly linked to the shear pip’s breaking load.
- Three shear pips are available, in order to closely match the clamping force needed for the application to be tightened.
- Clamping range diameter of 10 mm (adapts to different hose sizes).
- Does not damage the hoses (integral band and rounded edges).
- The VISA® clamp is a proven product, which has been used for 30 years in the automotive industry.
- The VISA® clamp is compact and light (saving > 40% vs. worm-drive clamp).
- Reduces both fitting time and proper clamping checking time.
- Visual check of clamping thanks to the hole in the band after shearing of the pip.
- Eliminates torque checks and fitting tool adjustments (pre-defined force depending on the shear pip).
- Withstands high stresses (pressure, pull-off).
- The profile of its teeth guarantees excellent resistance to vibration.
- Withstands corrosion (salt spray resistance > 400 hrs), fuel, oil, grease,…
These clamps must be fitted with specific fitting tools. Manual, pneumatic, or electric fitting tools are available. Some tools have a fitting control function. The electric tool can be equipped with a electronic control unit (ECU) that can communicate fitting information to Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).