CVS® 6U, 6TU, 6HU, 6IU clamps: 40˚ V-Band clamps
The CVS® 6 clamp consists of an integral 40°-profile band, a screw, a washer and a nut.
It ensures tight connections on applications that can be forged, machined or formed on pipes.
CVS® clamps are produced in different materials, depending mainly on application temperature:
- Ferritic CVS® 6U (1.4509 stainless steel).
- Austenitic CVS® 6TU (1.4541 stainless steel).
- High performance austenitic CVS® 6HU (1.4571 stainless steel).
- Inconel CVS® 6IU.
- Robustness & reliability: one piece design without any welding.
- Generates high clamping forces and withstands high stresses (pressure, pull-off, vibration).
- Cost optimized solution for 40° interfaces.
- Allowable leak rate lower than 0.1 litre/min at 0.3 bar depending on interface quality and gasket type (graphite, mica, stainless steel, inconel…).
- Withstands corrosion (resistance to salt spray over 400 hours).
- Assembly and removal with manual tool or power screwdriver.
- Any width & profile available on demand.
- Bolts and nuts are available in coated carbon steel or stainless steel versions.